Bonjour et Bienvenue to an exciting new school year.  My name is Mme Pandya and I am the French teacher at Maryvale Public School.  I am looking forward to getting to know my students and, guide them to achieve much in terms of academic growth in a second language, greater self-confidence, and improved social skills. This letter contains information regarding important aspects of our classroom and the French program. Please read it carefully.
We will be using teacher created resources as well as the program Visages for grades 4-6 and, Tout Ados for grades 7-8.  Students are requested to bring their own stationary and agenda to class everyday.  The agenda will be used to take down homework, tests and assignments and, to facilitate communication between us.  I suggest that you check your child’s agenda regularly for homework and updates. It is the responsibility of every student to ensure that he/she is always prepared for class and that his/her homework, assignments or projects are completed on time. To facilitate homework completion, students are encouraged to participate fully in class activities, to stay focused and use class time wisely.
Good communication between parent, teacher, and student is very important for a child’s overall growth. I do rely on parent support as I truly believe that this will encourage students work to their full potential. The Canadian Parent for French organization (http://www.cpfont.on.ca/) provides numerous resources and support to enhance the learning of French.  I strongly advise you to visit this site. I offer an open door policy in my classroom for students and parents.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.  My email address is shakuntala.pandya@tdsb.on.ca and the school phone number is (416)-396-6455.